Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm back!

It has been a while since I last post something for myself (and about myself...hahaha). I have been so busy about with lot of things-- a lot of changes-- especially in the family.

For the past 3 or 4 weeks, I have been doing a lot of shopping and online searching. Louie and I are going home for the summer--for about a month. I miss the Philippines, especially my family. I am also looking forward to meeting my "other" family (in law). Finally, I will be traveling in Visayas region... I am really excited! I will be meeting new people, and seeing new places.

Speaking of places, I am planning to take my mom and sister on a trip to Malaysia and Singapore. A lot of people are asking me, "Why these places?" Well, I had always been fascinated by their culture when I was in university. In fact, part of my pre-practicum project was related to history, politics, and government of Singapore and its relationship to Malaysia. Gwen, one of my great friends, is also currently based in Singapore. I can't wait to see her! I originally planned to spending a week in Hongkong and Macau (and possibly some parts of China) but the time would be so limited. Besides, I feel that Hongkong is more affordable for my mom that she can go there on her own. Furthermore, we will have a stopover in Hongkong on our flight itinerary to Manila (morning to late night) that will give us time to explore some of the famous city's highlights.

I will definitely post some things regarding my trip with my hubby, mom, and sister. My other family (Louie's) is planning on a reunion since my sister in law (Ate Jane) from the UK is also coming home. She is eyeing on Boracay for the venue. Me? Heading for Boracay? Oh me, oh my... lalo na akong magmumukhang baluga neto! hahahahaha.... Well, don't get me wrong... I am definitely looking forward to this trip and I am hoping for its realization. If this goes through, Louie and I are going to be celebrating our anniversary in Boracay (hoping for a romantic escape!) I just dread the idea of too much heat, sun, and humidity---don't blame me, I had had enough of it in Quebec and Ontario last summer!

Enough of complaints--- because I will finally see some of my good friends. A lot of them are based in other countries now or have their own families, or have moved to far away places. At least there are few that I really want to see like Abba, Russ, Erna, Myra, Sarah, Arlene, Marvin, Toybits, Red Cross people, at ewan ko kung sino pa ang kakasya sa oras.

With my fingers crossed and a lot of prayers, I hope everything will turn out great!

No comments: