Monday, September 17, 2007

My HS Slogan: "Stand Tall, Stand Proud"

Misty, my friend, resigned from work today. I feel sad about it, but glad at the same time. She did not like how her employer approached her about cellphone use. Sounds silly? Not really. She said it was a "big deal." I guess they were both in a wrong timing when she was confronted about it. Personally, I also believe that it is also about having a good working relationship with each other. What makes me feel glad, on the other hand, is her courage to face the consequences of her decisions.

I guess she is more courageous than me, and I am proud of her. I probably would not react in the same way because I tend to justify everything whenever possible. I guess there is one lesson to learn from her experience-- being able to stand to what you believe in.

We also talked about the similarities and differences between living abroad and in the Philippines. A lot of Filipinos back home would give anything just to get out of the country in the hope of finding a "greener pasture" somewhere else. The truth is, according to my observation, living here (in Canada) is not so much different from living back home. I guess it always depends on one's job and management of priorities. There will always be uncertainty and sacrifices to be made in order to achieve what you want. It is funny to say that people still complain about a lot of things despite what they have.

Thank you Lord for always providing all my (as well as my friends' and family's) needs. I am sorry that sometimes I forget to count my blessings. You are so good to me.

No comments: